Monday, November 28, 2016

Course Reflection

I wasn't sure what to expect at first signing up for this course. Originally I was intimidated because I had heard that "Laurie teaches it as a 4 credit course" and that it was very hard. What I actually found out was that the course itself requires a certain level of creativity in the marketing area of whatever your business is. I believe that I excelled at my own creativity for the scope of this course.

I expected to learn more about social media and the way everything works from a business perspective. How to reach followers, get them to react to your posts, and how to overall reach the target market in a way that would get our followers to share our posts to gain more followers.

What I learned was how to setup multiple accounts and keep up to date with all of them posting at peak hours of the day. I learned what it means to really engage my followers and incite valuable responses. I also found out that for my particular market Twitter would be my best avenue for reaching people. 

My favorite experience in this class was probably when I had to post about the fall harvest and all of the amazing Photoshop pictures I was able to create in excitement. I loved being able to follow popular trends and put my own spin on them for my posts. Lastly, I enjoyed being freely able to take abstract concepts for video games and just apply them to the market, collaborating with some of my class mates for a larger post response.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your honest feedback James. Your personality certainly came out in this course and I'm so glad. It was a treat having you in class.

    ReplyDelete